At PNWSI Covington, we help patients of all ages recover from injuries and regain function in our 92-degree therapeutic Endless Pool!
Aquatic Therapy is an effective rehabilitation tool for many athletes. It uses the natural buoyancy of water to facilitate exercise with significantly less force on joints, injuries and the body overall than land-based programs. Conducting physical therapy exercises in a pool means less stress on the patient, which ultimately means less pain throughout the healing process. There are many options when it comes to healing, but Aquatic Therapy is a great choice for athletes struggling with a new injury or nursing ongoing issues. Whether you're injury-prone or not, water provides a low-impact, high-return option.
· Adjustable, non-turbulent pool current creates non-impact resistance
· Hydraulic lift makes entering and exiting the pool comfortable and easy
· Underwater treadmill for gait training
· Separate, enclosed aquatic therapy room and one-one-one care ensures comfort and privacy. Individualized, creative treatment plans designed by Physical Therapists.
· Low back pain
· Muscle strengthening and balance
· Joint pain from sports or daily repetitive activities
· Neurological and orthopedic injuries
· Post-surgical debilitation
· Muscle weakness secondary to chronic or acute injuries or illness
· Pre-surgery strengthening